RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER Review
Get Information, Ratings, Surveys, and Compare RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER to other hospitals
Overall Hospital Rating:
Database data as of January 31, 2024
The information shown here is based on data records that are not current. Our latest records for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER is from November 08, 2023 and our latest database records are as of January 31, 2024. It is not clear why RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER is no longer in the database. Take care when reviewing this information to confirm that the hospital is still operating.
A Review of the Data
Prepared by Richard Saunders as of January 31, 2024.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services ("CMS") distributes more than 80 tables of data on hospitals on a quarterly basis. That is a lot of information to pour through to try and build a comprehensive review of RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER. Luckily, we are here to help! I’ve put together this page to help you to get a better idea of what the hospital does, who is affiliated with it, share any patient survey data and much more. (If you want to jump to a specific section of the review, here are the section headers: General Hospital Data, Ratings, Cost Analysis, Infections, Comparison, Nearby Skilled Nursing Facilities, Doctors Associated with RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER, Survey Analysis.)
In the briefest summary, RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER is one of the types of hospitals called Acute Care Hospitals. It is in RESTON, VA. Its five star rating is 4 . Its type of ownership is Voluntary non-profit - Private. The facility's Medicare ID is 490107. It does provide emergency services. There are 390 medical professionals and 120 doctor groups affiliated with the hospital. We do not have data on average costs for care provided at RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER.
We did not find any survey data from patients to be able to determine whether RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER can be recommended or not.
The information presented below is based on data provided by U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). It is updated as new data is made available.
General Information for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER
1850 TOWN CENTER PARKWAY
RESTON, VA 20190
Click for Map
Medicare Provider Number:
Acute Care Hospitals
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER
The Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER summarizes a variety of measures across 5 areas of quality into a single star rating for each hospital. Once reporting thresholds are met, a hospital’s Overall Star Rating is calculated using only those measures for which data are available. Hospitals report data to The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services ("CMS") through the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program, Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program, Hospital Readmission Reduction Program (HRRP), Hospital-Acquired Condition (HAC) Reduction Program, and Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program. Overall Star Ratings aren’t calculated for Veterans Health Administration (VHA) or Department of Defense (DoD) hospitals.
Most hospitals will have an Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating of 3.
National distribution of the Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating The following table shows the national distribution of the Overall Star Rating based on July 2022 results.
|Number of hospitals / Percentage
Additional detailed on the method for calculating the Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating from this document.
Patient Survey Results
Below is information compiled by CMS on the percentage of patients who respond to specific treatments and a comparison of the results for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER to the national results for similar facilities.
There is no patient survey data available for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER.
Cost of RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER, Compare to National and State Averages
Understanding how much a hospital is going to cost is extremely difficult. Hospitals themselves actively obscure what they charge and have negotiated different rates with different insurers. Then you have the problem of the wide variety of treatments which the RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER provides.
To provide some standard metric to compare hospital costs, CMS publishes the MSPB (or "Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary"). Even though you may not be on Medicare, this metric may still be useful. The MSPB is expressed as a percentage compared to the national average for costs that Medicare incurs. A percentage higher than 100% means the hospital charges more than the national average while a percentage less than 100% means the hospital charges less than the national average.
MSPB for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER: Not Available
We do not have detailed cost analysis for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER.
Infection Rates at RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER
These measures show how often patients at RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER contract certain infections during the course of their medical treatment, when compared to other hospitals nationally.
Not data on infection rates is available for RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER in our database.
Skilled Nursing Facilities Near RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER
Many hospital patients are not ready to return home after a hospital visit. If recovery is going to be protracted, doctors will often advise that the patients recuperate at a skilled nursing facility. Below is a list of the skilled nursing homes near RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER ranked by their CMS 5-Star Overall Rating.
Medical Groups Affiliated with RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER
There are 390 doctors and 120 medical groups that are affiliated with RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER.
Affiliated Doctor Groups
- AMERICAN ARTHRITIS AND RHEUMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES DC PC
- INOVA HEALTH CARE SERVICES
- AMERICAN ARTHRITIS AND RHEUMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES VA LLC
- SELECT PHYSICAL THERAPY HOLDINGS INC
- LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC
- RESTON ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES PC
- NORTHSTAR ANESTHESIA OF VIRGINIA, LLC
- ORTHOVIRGINIA INC
- FC SELECT LLC
- ARTHRITIS AND SPORTS ORTHOPAEDICS PC
- CARE COMMUNICATIONS LLC
- WARREN CLINIC INC
- URGENT SPECIALTY ASSOCIATES PLLC
- URGENT SPECIALTY ASSOCIATES OF MISSOURI LLC
- MEP OBSERVATION SERVICES LLC
- USACS INTEGRATED ACUTE CARE SERVICES OF MARYLAND LLC
- EMERGENCY MEDICINE ASSOCIATES PA PC
- INOVA CARES - COMMUNITY
- PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSOCIATES INC
- RESTON RADIOLOGY CONSULTANTS, PC
- WASHINGTON IMAGING ASSOCIATES - MARYLAND LLC
- FAIR OAKS IMAGING CENTER PC
- LOUDOUN MEDICAL GROUP, PC
- LOUDOUN IMAGING CENTER / ASHBURN LLC
- RADIOLOGY ASSOCIATES OF ROANOKE, PC
- RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER LLC
- NEPHROLOGY ASSOCIATES OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA INC
- MEDSTAR HEART INSTITUTE LLC
- GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA, LLC
- INTENSIVE CARE CONSORTIUM INC
- CAPITAL WOMENS CARE LLC
- SURGICAL CONSULTANTS OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA, PLLC
- STONESPRINGS ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES LTD
- ADVANCE MEDICAL GI PC
- VIRGINIA HOSPITAL CENTER PHYSICIAN GROUP LLC
- DOMINION ANESTHESIA PLLC
- TOWN CENTER ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATES PC
- MRI OF RESTON LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
- PET OF RESTON, LP
- PHYSICAL MEDICINE ASSOCIATES LTD
- SMI IMAGING LLC
- SIMONMED IMAGING FLORIDA LLC
- PRIVIA MEDICAL GROUP LLC
- NEUROLOGY CENTER OF FAIRFAX, LTD
- VIRGINIA CANCER SPECIALISTS, P.C.
- THE CARDIOVASCULAR GROUP, PC
- VIRGINIA SPINE INSTITUTE PLC
- FORWARD PATHOLOGY SOLUTIONS, LLC
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, LLC
- FOOT AND ANKLE SPECIALISTS OF THE MID-ATLANTIC LLC
- INOVA PHYSICIAN PARTNERS LLC
- ALEXANDRIA SPORTS, INC.
- UVA COMMUNITY HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP, LLC
- MERCY HEALTH PHYSICIANS YOUNGSTOWN SPECIALTY CARE LLC
- NOVACARE REHABILITATION OF OHIO INC
- KEYSTONE REHABILITATION SYSTEMS INC
- VASCULAR INSTITUTE OF VIRGINIA LLC
- PATHFINDER DIAGNOSTICS
- KAISER FOUNDATION HEALTH OF THE PLAN MID-ATLANTIC STATES,INC
- MGMC LLC
- MEDSTAR MEDICAL GROUP II LLC
- CCMMA SC LLC
- POST-ACUTE PHYSICIANS OF VIRGINIA PLLC
- VALLEY PHYSICIAN ENTERPRISE INC
- ANDERSON CLINIC INC
- VIRGINIA MASON MEDICAL CENTER
- PACIFIC NEUROMONITORING ASSOCIATES INC
- POCATELLO HEALTH SERVICES LLC
- NORTH AMERICAN PARTNERS IN ANESTHESIA MARYLAND LLC
- MARYLAND BARIATRICS PC
- SPECIALTY PHYSICIANS OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA LLC
- ANESTHESIA COMPANY LLC
- ANESTHESIA ASSOC OF MARYLAND
- MIDWEST NEUROMONITORING ASSOCIATES PLLC
- PARAMOUNT CARE PHYSICIANS
- WASHINGTON NEPHROLOGY ASSOCIATES LLP
- OBHG VIRGINIA LLC
- CAPITAL HEALTHCARE PC
- PULMONARY AND CRITICAL CARE ASSOCIATES, P.C.
- RESTON EAR NOSE AND THROAT PC
- WHC PHYSICIAN GROUP LLC
- CENTERS FOR ADVANCED ORTHOPAEDICS LLC
- ARLINGTON RADIATION ONCOLOGY PLLC
- PROSPECT HEALTH ACCESS NETWORK INC
- WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CORPORATION
- OTOLARYNGOLOGY ASSOCIATES PC
- HOSPITALIST MEDICINE PHYSICIANS OF WEST VIRGINIA, PLLC
- OUTPATIENT ANESTHESIA SERVICES OF RESTON, LTD
- JAE Y LIM MD PC
- EAR NOSE AND THROAT ASSOCIATES PC
- PULMONARY AND CRITICAL CARE SPECIALISTS OF NORTHERN VA, PC
- EMERGENCY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PC
- ORTHOPAEDIC AND NEUROSURGERY SPECIALISTS, PLLC
- LAWNWOOD HEALTHCARE SPECIALISTS LLC
- VIRGINIA INTERNAL MEDICINE INC
- PREMIER HEALTH CONSULTANTS OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA INC
- PRIVIA MEDICAL GROUP GULF COAST PLLC
- COMMONWEALTH CRITICAL CARE LLC
- VIRGINIA NEUROSURGEONS PC
- AMERICAN NEUROMONITORING ASSOCIATES PC
- AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION
- EMERGENCY PHYSICIAN ASSOCIATES OF NORTH JERSEY P C
- NEUROSCIENCE CONSULTANTS PLC
- FREDERICK HEALTH HOSPITAL INC
- HOSPITALIST MEDICINE PHYSICIANS OF VIRGINIA LLC
- SOUTHEASTERN INTENSIVIST SERVICES PC
- PHOENIXVILLE CLINIC COMPANY LLC
- MOUNT NITTANY MEDICAL CENTER HEALTH SERVICES INC
- OHIOHEALTH CORPORATION
- INFECTIOUS DISEASES SPECIALISTS OF VIRGINIA, LLC
- GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY MEDICAL FACULTY ASSOCIATES
- SURGICAL ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES, PLLC
- H2 REHABILITATION SERVICES OF VIRGINIA, LLC
- EMERGENCY COVERAGE CORP
- MARY WASHINGTON HEALTHCARE PHYSICIANS
- RAHEL G. YIRGA MD PC
- SENTARA MEDICAL GROUP
- CAPITOL ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES LTD
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY
- HOSPITAL MEDICINE SERVICES OF VA LLC
The list of medical professionals associated with RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER is very long, so we have added another pages. See a list of medical professionals associated with RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER.